The Pros and Cons of At-Home Boxing Workouts
Training like a boxer is one of the most tried-and-true ways to get in the best physical shape of your life. There are endless benefits to boxing-style training, even if you never plan on stepping into the ring. It develops all aspects of fitness, including cardiovascular endurance, agility, and muscular strength. You can reap all of the rewards of this style of training without physical contact with boxing and kickboxing classes at RockBox Fitness.
When you come to our classes, you can expect a wide variety of exercises that will get your heart pumping, from heavy punching bag work to functional strength movements. We’ll also be sure to guide you through a proper warm-up and cool-down at the beginning and end of each workout. Our expert trainers will be right there with you the entire time and are able to assist you with anything you might be struggling with.
Sounds awesome, right? On top of it all, you’ll get the benefits of being a part of our amazing community. Our professionally certified fitness trainers and your fellow members will be there to support you and hold you accountable to your goals, which is one of the most important parts of any fitness journey.
So, what are the pros and cons of at-home boxing workouts? Let’s find out!
Boxing At Home vs. At the Gym
While visiting our gym in-person is the best way to reap the benefits of our boxing-style fitness training, we understand that there will be days where you just can’t make it to class. For example, on a busy day you might only have 10 minutes to squeeze in a session after work before picking up the kids or going to meet your friends. In this case, you could do a boxing workout at home. Let’s go over the pros and cons of doing an at-home boxing workout.
The benefits of at-home boxing workouts include:
- Convenience: It can be easy and time-efficient to get a workout in without leaving your house, especially if you only have a few minutes for your training session.
- Privacy: If you’re intimidated by the idea of going to a gym, working out at home can sometimes offer you a more personal space to exercise.
- Simplicity: It’s just you and your gloves. A basic shadowboxing routine can be a simple but effective at-home workout with very little equipment needed.
While doing an at-home workout may be more comfortable and convenient for you, it could be more difficult to make meaningful progress. If you are unsure about training at a gym, our community is extremely welcoming to all, and you’ll feel right at home after your first class.
The drawbacks of at-home boxing workouts include:
- Having Less Equipment: Generally speaking, you will have access to far less boxing equipment at home than you would at one of our gyms, such as heavy bags, weights, and more.
- Dealing With Distractions: Unless you have a dedicated workout space in your home, you might be dealing with an onslaught of distractions such as family members or roommates while you’re trying to get your workout in.
- Not Knowing What to Do: The amount of fitness information available can be overwhelming, and without the guidance of our certified trainers, you might not know where to start or what workouts to do.
- Being Alone: At home, you won’t be surrounded by our awesome community members and expert trainers who support you and push you to accomplish your goals.
While a quick at-home workout is better than nothing when your schedule is simply too full to come to class, you will be missing out on so many of the great benefits that we have to offer. If you want to make more sustainable progress in the long run, our classes can help you get there.
Experience The RockBox Difference
For a fitness experience unlike any other, choose RockBox Fitness. Our boxing-inspired classes will help you crush your fitness goals. You’ll build speed, endurance, strength, agility, and more with our 50-minute classes that contain a perfect blend of bag work and functional exercises.
Additionally, our mobile app can help you view class schedules, sign up for classes, track your workout stats, and more. With the support of our professional fitness trainers and highly motivated community members, you might just surprise yourself with how far you can go.
Ready to get started? Let’s hit it! Find your closest RockBox studio today.