Seaton Sheldon is the owner of one of our newest studios, RockBox Fitness Bowling Green! His studio doors officially opened to the public on January 11th, 2021 and is the first RockBox location in the state of Kentucky. Seaton was born and raised in Bowling Green in a tight-knit family who are deep-rooted in their Christianity. He played Division 1 Baseball for Western Kentucky University and graduated with a four-year degree in Business Sales. Seaton has also been involved in his mother, Terri’s, street ministry called “Curbside Ministries” which she started over a decade ago. Having been a part of this ministry for a large sum of his life, Seaton says “it gives me the opportunity to build relationships and give back to my community.”
How Has Your Experience Been As A Rockbox Fitness Franchisee So Far?
“Wow, what a journey it has been! I will never forget the day when I had my first phone call with Zac Celaya [RockBox Fitness Vice President of Development]. I was in and out of over 35 gyms in a 3 month timespan trying to find my perfect fit. Do you know what stood out with RockBox? I could pick up the phone and call at anytime. I knew Zac was going to answer. I was about to make the biggest decision of my life at 25 years old and Zac promptly answered each one of my questions with an honest and genuine answer. It is very hard to overlook great morals and someone who is honest with you.
I went to discovery day back in March 2020, and wow! When I came back I was on cloud nine! I wanted to ride this wave forever. I signed my Franchise Agreement about one week before the world got flipped upside down. At the end of the day, I knew I wasn’t in this alone. The franchise worked with me every step of the way!”
How Did RockBox Support You Leading Up To Your Studio Opening??
“Being 25, you can only imagine how much guidance I needed throughout this journey. RockBox was with me weekly and some weeks daily. We knew we had to stall to let this pandemic settle. I had someone ask me the other day, “Are you nervous about opening a business?” I thought to myself… I have never been nervous the whole time.
- I have been preparing myself for this my whole life
- I have had an amazing franchise by my side- They were not going to let me fail.
Pre-sales were a beautiful thing. Our 15 minute orientations quickly became 45 minute to hour-long conversations. I loved when Roger (Co-Founder of RockBox Fitness) said “We have to provide a place of hope.” When you create a place where people can open up and talk about their health, then the journey becomes even sweeter. I am so excited for each of our members. I want to grow along side of each one of them.”
What Has Your Experience Been Like Since Opening Your Studio?
“I will never forget it. January 11th, 2021 at 4:00am. All staff in sight and ready to hit the ground running. What a Positive day! We got to see over one-hundred members ready to attack the New Year. We had an amazing opening! Balloons, give-a-ways, great music, great energy, and so much more. I have been blessed with an amazing staff. Each one of them are so unique and provide so much value to this studio. To say opening day was a success is an understatement. We opened our doors with 250+ members which turned into 300+ in one week! Our interaction has been unbelievable. Everyone is sharing their journey, making new friends, and talking about their health daily.”
Why Did You Choose To Franchise With RockBox?
“I chose Rockbox for multiple reasons:
- I love the workout! Cardio can often become boring. Boxing provides an amazing way to spice up getting your heart rate elevated. Functional fitness is also the future of the fitness industry. A very healthy way to lift weights the correct way!
- Community aspect! Group classes is absolutely amazing. Being inspired by someone beside you everyday is very encouraging. Often times we have thought of second guessing ourself. Sharing your journey with someone with the same goals as you is very inspiring.
- Nutrition- If 70-80% of your health is the “Fork” then it needs to be an important piece of the puzzle! Rockbox provides great information on how to eat correctly. We have been holding 1 on 1 Nutrition Consultations. Writing out full meal plans for each member. The value of Rockbox and what it provides is endless! We are here for each individual member!
I love coming to work and being apart of an amazing team! Our location wouldn’t be half as good if it wasn’t for the team working along side of me!”
If you’re interested in trying out a class at RockBox Fitness Bowling Green:
To learn more about opportunities available with RockBox Fitness franchising, visit their website at https://rockboxfitness.com/ or book a call with the RockBox Fitness Development Team by clicking here!